Historian Rick Beyer, who leads the Ghost Army of WWII Tour, has shared the exciting news that the Speaker of the House has scheduled the Ghost Army Congressional Gold Medal Ceremony for Thursday, March 21, at 11 AM at the U.S. Capitol.
Rick worked tirelessly for seven years as the President of the Ghost Army Legacy Foundation to make sure the top secret 23rd Headquarters Special Troops and the 3133rd Signal Company Special units received the Congressional Gold Medal. The award is a long-overdue recognition of the dangerous and heroic exploits of the Ghost Army, which is credited with saving thousands of lives during the World War II.
The medal ceremony is free, but space is limited.
Rick will also be holding events surrounding the Gold Medal Ceremony. These events are not limited in attendance, but will require registration.
The Ghost Army Gold Medal events include:
- A Meet and Greet and screening of The Ghost Army documentary at the hotel on the night of March 20
- A luncheon at the U.S. Capitol after the awards ceremony on March 21
- A celebratory banquet and presentation at the hotel on the night of March 21
- A visit to the U.S. Army Art Collection (with a chance to view Ghost Army art) and the U.S. Army Museum at Fort Belvoir on March 22
- Bus transportation to the Capitol and Fort Belvoir
- Ghost Army Swag Bag
You do not need to be attending the ceremony at the Capitol to attend these other events.