Tours By Date
Travel with expert historians on all of our historical and WWII tours!
Stephen Ambrose Historical Tours carries on the legacy of our founder, Stephen E. Ambrose, America’s premier historian. We offer a rich array of historical, WWII, WWI, Civil War and D-Day tours that are based on Dr. Ambrose’s research and led by full-time historians, who are leaders in their field and world-renowned authors. Like Stephen Ambrose, we enlighten, entertain, and educate with our tours.
We visit Omaha Beach with D-Day veterans to pay homage to the fallen, follow in the path of Lewis and Clark down the Missouri River, and tromp the battlefields of the Civil War. When you travel with Stephen Ambrose Historical Tours you will learn about the opening of the great American West, the American Civil War, WWII, WWI and D-Day from expert historians, who travel with you throughout the entire tour. No other historical, WWII or D-Day tour company offers our unparalleled historical experience.
Our regularly scheduled, best-in-class historical, WWII and D-Day tours for 2018/2019 include our D-Day to the Rhine Tour, Band of Brothers Tour, Lewis and Clark Tour, Iwo Jima Tour, Operation Overlord Tour, In Patton’s Footsteps Tour, Ghost Army of WWII Tour, Italian Campaign: Sicily to Rome Tour, WWII in Poland and Germany Tour as well as three Civil War Tours. We are also featuring a WWI Tour led by WWI expert Chris Anderson.
Lives remembered are never lost. Book a tour you will never forget!
July 22 - August 3, 2018 - 13 Day Tour
- Band of Brothers® Tours Only six seats remain on the July 2018 Band of Brothers tour!
July 30 - August 11, 2018
- D-Day Tours Only tour to offer the Nuremberg Extension!
- Scotland Only one room left!
Special Tour: D-Day and the Secret War - September 16 - 29, 2018
- D-Day Tours
75th Anniversary: D-Day Anniversary and Patton's 3rd Army Tour - 14 nights
- 75th Anniversary of D-Day Tours $7,350 per person based on double occupancy. If rooming alone, the single occupancy supplement is $1,650.
75th Anniversary: Churchill's London to Battle of the Bulge Tour - 14 nights
- 75th Anniversary of D-Day Tours $7,750 per person based on double occupancy. If rooming alone, the single occupancy supplement is $1,600.
75th Anniversary: D-Day to the Rhine Tour - 12 nights
- 75th Anniversary of D-Day Tours $6,750 per person based on double occupancy. If rooming alone, the single occupancy supplement is $1,450.
June 2019 - 15 Day Tour
- Band of Brothers® Tours The June 2019 Band of Brothers tour will be in late June. It will not be a part of the 75th Anniversary celebrations.
June 2020 - Note, Patton expert and tour historian Kevin Hymel will be leading a 75th D-Day Anniversary tour in June 2019. His tour will be a modified version of the Patton tour, but will start in London and include all the Normandy anniversary activities. If you would like to sign up for this 75th Anniversary tour with Kevin Hymel, visit our 75th Anniversary tab and mention Kevin's tour in the notes section.
- In Patton’s Footsteps