We have finalized our tour dates for 2017! From WWII tours celebrating “The Greatest Generation” to Civil War tours visiting the battlefields of the North and South to historical tours following the path of America’s great explorers, Lewis and Clark, these are absolutely bucket-list experiences for history buffs.
The Most Experienced Historical and WWII Tour Company
On our World War II tours – D-Day to the Rhine Tour, the Original Band of Brothers® Tour, The Italian Campaign Tour, WWII: Poland and Germany Tour, Operation Overlord Tour, In Patton’s Footsteps Tour, Ghost Army Tour and Iwo Jima: War in the Pacific Tour – we have brought thousands of guests, often with veterans, to the battlefields of the Normandy beaches, Operation Market Garden, the Battle of the Bulge and others sacred sites to honor the men who fought for freedom.
Next year we will also be featuring our new WWI tour, which marks the 100th anniversary of the War to End All Wars and explores the most significant sites along the old Western Front.
Back in the United States, we offer two Civil War tours, This Hallowed Ground, which visits Gettysburg and Appomattox, and The Mississippi River Campaign, a trip designed to reconstruct the struggle for the river and the key transport routes of the Confederacy. We will also be following the path of the great explorers, Lewis and Clark, a tour where you will experience jaw-dropping vistas at every bend and relive the history told so well by our historian, Hal Stearns.
Stephen Ambrose always said that “the best way to understand history is to study the places where it was made.” Stephen Ambrose Historical Tours has the most qualified historians lead our historical, WWII, WWI and Civil War tours, including our chief historian Captain Ronald Drez, who assisted with Dr. Ambrose’s research. Our historians are leaders in their field and world-renowned authors. Their extensive research and interviews of WWII, Easy Company and D-Day veterans on the very battlefields where they fought gives a soldier’s perspective to our tours. They also travel with our guests for the entire tour, a claim which no other WWII tour company can make.
Exclusive Experiences Not Offered By Other Companies
Because we were founded by Stephen Ambrose, we have insider access to many places and experiences that are significant in American and WWII history that are not offered by other historical, WWII, D-day and Band of Brothers® Tour companies. Our vacations are an experience unparalleled in their historical accuracy and VIP access, which leave our guests with memories of a lifetime.
The Vacation Of A Lifetime
Our long-standing relationships ensure that our historical and WWII tours move smoothly. We have learned over the years to pace our tours, so that you will be able to enjoy the experience and not be exhausted.
- Our company has taken the men of Easy Company and many other veterans along to share their first-hand experiences. They are our friends.
- We show movies on the bus that illuminate the history of World War II in that region.
- We build in time to relax. There are days that we arrive early so that you can have the afternoon to shop and sightsee on your own.
- Our full-time tour escort provides a high level of service to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.
- Our 4- and 3-Star hotels are selected for their historical significance and ideal locations with all the necessary amenities.
- Our delicious group dinners are a relaxing and fun time to informally recount the day’s events and enjoy camaraderie.
- Our expert team in the United States includes a full-time historian and experienced logistics persons, making your vacation enjoyable from the very start.
Why Book Our Now?
It is not too soon to book our 2017 tours as many of them, like our Band of Brothers® Tour and D-Day Tour, fill up quickly. If you have any questions, please call historian Mark Bielski at the office at 888.903.3329. He would be happy to talk with you about the history we study and the sites you will see. He can also put you in touch with former guests who have traveled with Stephen Ambrose Historical Tours.